Alfred John Stephens was a butcher from Wyke Regis, Dorset who came to Guernsey in the 1880s.
John STEPHENS ( 1813 - ? ) married Elizabeth ?
- Alfred John STEPHENS ( 1853 - ?1905 ) m Charlotte Mary SAMWAYS ( 1853 - ? )
- Martha Elizabeth STEPHENS ( 1879 - ? )
- Charlotte Mabel STEPHENS ( 1880 - ? )
- Amelia Maud STEPHENS ( 1882 - ? )
- Florence A K STEPHENS ( 1884 - ? )
- Edward Alfred STEPHENS ( 1886 - ? )
- Violet C STEPHENS ( 1887 - ? )
- Robert S STEPHENS ( 1889 - ? )
- Frederick M STEPHENS ( 1890 - ? )
- Walter R STEPHENS ( 1892 - ? )
- Gladys Mary STEPHENS ( 1898 - ? )
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- In 18884, the birth of daughter, Florence, first child to be born in Guernsey.
- Alfred applied for a butcher's license in 1887.
- They lived at Les Banques, St Peter Port (1891, 1901 census).