The Robin family (not to be confused with the Robins family of La Ramée, St Peter Port), was one of the country farmers who used to sell their produce in the Town Markets. Jean Robin held one of the first butchers' stalls in the new market which opened in 1822. The family owned a farm of 28 acres called La Houguette at Les Fontaines, St Pierre du Bois.
Jean ROBIN ( 1784 - ? ) m Marie BROUARD
- Jean ROBIN ( 1812 - ? )
- Marie ROBIN ( 1813 - ? )
- Marthe ROBIN ( 1814 - ? )
- Rachel ROBIN ( 1816 - ? )
- Judith ROBIN ( 1818 - ? )
- Ezechiel ROBIN ( 1820 - ? )
- Marguerite ROBIN ( 1823 - ? )
- Nico Bonamy ROBIN ( 1826 - ~1896 ) m Marie DE PUTRON ( 1848 - ? )
- Walter Bonamy ROBIN ( 1876 - ? )
- Florence Adelaide Mary ROBIN ( 1878 - ? )
- Lilian De Putron ROBIN ( 1880 - ? )
- Clifford Francis ROBIN ( 1883 - ? )
- Mabel Maud ROBIN ( 1885 - ? )
(Those in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- The Robin name has been a common name in the island for centuries.
- Jean Robin held stall 27 in the Town Meat Market from 1826 until his death, when it was taken over by his son, Nico.
- La Houguette, a farm of 28 acres at Les Fontaines, St Pierre du Bois.