- William Kennell originated from Shillingstone in Dorset.
John KENNELL married Martha MATCHEM
- Elizabeth KENNELL (1781 - ?)
- Robert KENNELL (1783 - ?)
- John KENNELL (1784 - ?)
- Mary KENNELL (1785 - ?) m Mr ATCHINSON
- William KENNELL (1796 - ?)
- Kitty KENNELL (1791 - ?)
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- In 1794, William Kennell, a "leading citizen of Guernsey" signed a letter to the Privy Council (PRO Kew)
- In 1820, William Kennell was one of 33 Guernsey butchers who signed a petition to the Privy Council, urging them to approve the construction of the new market building.
- William KENNELL held stall 20 in the Town Meat Market from 1826 to 1861.
- William KENNELL (Butcher) lived at Le Vauquiedor, St Andrews (1841 Census). One of his servants was Jane BULLEN.
- William KENNELL (Butcher & Farmer, unmarried) lived at Les Mesuriers, St Peter Port (1851 & 1861 Census). In this household was Robert BELBIN, butcher and labourer.
- William did not marry, but appeared to have left everything to Robert BELBIN on his death, as Robert went from servant in 1861 census to head of household at Les Mesuriers in the 1871 census.