The Holman family originated in Crewkerne, Somerset, where Edward senior was an Agricultural Labourer.
Edward HOLMAN ( 1819 - ? ) married Susan LONG ( 1823 - ? )
- Jane HOLMAN ( 1841 - ? )
- Selina HOLMAN ( 1844 - ? )
- Edward HOLMAN ( 1846 - ? )
- Jane HOLMAN ( 1848 - ? )
- Susan HOLMAN ( 1850 - ? )
- Maria HOLMAN ( 1856 - ? )
- John HOLMAN ( 1858 - 1896 ) m Mary Ann BREHAUT ( 1856 - ? )
- Edward HOLMAN ( 1859 - ? ) m Cecilia ? ( 1860 - ? )
- James E HOLMAN ( 1878 - ? )
- Samuel HOLMAN ( 1879 - ? )
- Edward HOLMAN ( 1881 - ? )
(Those in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- Birth of Selina Holman in Guernsey in 1844.
- John Holman first applied for his license in 1881.
- John was living with his mother Susan at Tower Hill Steps in 1861 & 1871 Census. By 1871, he was a Butcher's Apprentice, and Alfred TAYLOR, Butcher's Assistant, was lodging with them.
- When he married, he and Cecilia moved to the High Street in 1881, with Robert BELBIN as a boarder.
- Edward & Cecilia were living at the Bouet in 1881.
- John & Mary Ann emigrated to Sydney, Australia in 1882.