- I have been unable to trace this family's origins, and they do not appear to have had any children.
William HAYES ( ? - 1839 ) married Sarah ? ( 1792 - ? )
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- In 1820, William Hayes was one of 33 Guernsey butchers who signed a petition to the Privy Council, urging them to approve the construction of the new market building.
- From 1826 & 1839, William HAYES held stall 7 in the Town Meat Market.
- In 1845, stall 7 was held by Mrs HAYES.
- In 1841, Sarah Hayes lived at 9 Mill Street (Census)