Samuel Guppy was the son of William & Ann Guppy. He was born in Symondsbury, Dorset, where he was working as a butcher by the age of 18. During the 1850s he emigrated to Guernsey, where he married Sarah Jane Ash. Although the family stayed in Guernsey, none of his descendents became a butcher.
Samuel GUPPY ( 1833 - 187? ) married Sarah Jane ASH ( 1835 - ? )
- William Henry GUPPY ( 1862 - ? ) m Alice Sarah LIHOU
- Edgar Charles GUPPY ( 1864 - ? ) m Elizabeth ?
- Reginald Samuel GUPPY ( 1865 - ? )
- Florence Collard GUPPY ( 1867 - ? ) m Frederick William COYSH ( 1870 - ? )
- Ada GUPPY ( 1869 - ? )
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- Living at the Bouet in 1861 census
- Samuel held stall 10 in the Meat Market from 1863 until his death in the early 1870s.
- From 1861, the family lived at Elizabeth Place, Bouet, St Peter Port