OriginWilliam Daysh was born in Fareham, Hampshire in 1816. He had a butcher's shop in the High Street there until he moved to Guernsey in the mid 1860's. His son, Harry also became a butcher.
Joseph DAYSH ( 1801 - 1885 ) married Jane ?
- William DAYSH ( 1816 - ? ) m Ann EARWAKER ( 1824 - ? )
- William Henry DAYSH ( 1845 - ? )
- Elizabeth DAYSH ( 1857 - ? )
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- In 1865, when he was first granted a butcher's license
- William applied for a butcher's license in 1865, and was initially allocated stall 35 in the Town Meat Market - by 1868, he moved to stall 38, where he stayed until his death in around 1873.
- In the 1871 Census, they were living in La Brigade, St Andrews
- By 1874, they had moved to Town, living in the Pollet.