- Thomas CROFT was born in Guernsey, the son of Thomas. There was also a butcher, James Croft - but I have been unable to locate how they were related or where they originated.
- Thomas CROFT ( 1803 - ? ) married Martha CONNOCK ( 1797 - ? )
- Mary Ann CROFT ( 1837 - 1890 )
- Elizabeth Jane CROFT ( 1840 - 1851 )
- Jane CROFT ( 1803 - 1844 ) married William BIDDLECOMBE ( 1793 - 1853 )
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- In 1820, Thomas and James CROFTS were among 33 Guernsey butchers who signed a petition to the Privy Council, urging them to approve the construction of the new market building.
- In 1826, James Croft holds stall 15 and Thomas Croft holds stall 17 in the Town Meat Market (1826 Commercial Directory)
- In 1834, "les deux Crofts" had their market stall suspended due to unpaid debts (States Market Committee minutes)
- Thomas Croft still holds stall 17 in Town Meat Market in 1839, 1845 and is still holding it in 1857, but by 1874 has moved to stall 20.
- Royal Oak Cottage, Ramée Road, St Peter Port (1841 Census).
- Sous Les Hougues, Tertre Road, Vale, Guernsey (1851, 1861 & 1871 Census)
- Petite Forpas, Vale, Guernsey (1874 Directory & 1881 Census)