Samuel Cooper was born in Thornford, Dorset, and emigrated to Guernsey by at least 1833. His wife, Mary Smith, was from Portsmouth. His sister, married George Payne, another butcher and they worked in partnership until Samuel's death in 1871. Both of them had children who became butchers.
John COOPER married Sarah EASTON
- Samuel COOPER ( 1816 - ? ) married Mary SMITH ( 1811 - ? )
- George COOPER ( 1833 - ? )
- Mary Jane COOPER ( 1845 - ? )
- Samuel COOPER ( 1846 - ? )
- Jane COOPER (1822 - ?) married George PAYNE
- Robert Henry PAYNE (1842 - ?)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- 1833 - birth of eldest son George.
- Samuel Cooper holds stall 8 in 1845.
- By 1861, he has moved to stall 15.
- By 1874, Samuel junior is in partnership with his uncle, George PAYNE, occupying stalls 15-16.