- The Belbin family were from Sturminster Newton in Dorset. There were two brothers, William, a Quarryman, and Robert a butcher.
William BELBIN married Elizabeth KENNELL
- Robert BELBIN (1810 - ?) m Mary J MARSH (1847 - ?)
- Alice BELBIN (1870 - ?)
- John R BELBIN (1874 - ?)
- Loftus BELBIN (1879 - ?)
- William BELBIN (1815 -
?) m Ann TUCK (1826 - ?)
- Elizabeth Ann BELBIN (1849 - ?) m Henry LOWER
- Martha BELBIN (1852 - ?)
- William James Buckler BELBIN (1855 - 1857)
- Robert James Bugler BELBIN (1858 - ?)
(people in bold were butchers)
Earliest Mention in Guernsey
- In 1851, Robert BELBIN was living at Les Mesuriers, Foulon Road, with William KENNELL.
- Robert BELBIN held stall 10 in the Town Meat Market in 1874.
- Robert BELBIN lived at Les Mesuriers, Foulon Road, St Peter Port (1851 & 1861 Census) in the household of William KENNELL.
- In 1871, following William's death, he became head of the household.
- By 1881, Robert had died. His family can be found at Glategny Esplanade in 1881, and Commercial Arcade in 1891.
- Robert BELBIN lived at Les Mesuriers, Foulon Road, St Peter Port in the 1851 & 1861 Census in the household of William KENNELL. He is described as his servant, a butcher & labourer - however, there appears to be a family link, as Robert's mother's maiden name was Elizabeth KENNELL, and after William's death, he becomes the head of household in 1871 Census.